To celebrate spring’s arrival, our website has gotten a new look! There have also been a number of updates around the site (with more to come) — if you haven’t already, take a look around!
Members of AK-PA’s Diversity, Social Justice, and Human Rights Committee have worked hard over the past several months to bring you a new and improved presence on our website. Check out their updated mission statement (approved by the Board in 2016) and get to know a few of AK-PA’s members who are doing work in very diverse settings.
AK-PA’s Ethics Committee now has a presence on our website as well. Visit today to learn about the committee and access resources related to ethical practice. As a reminder, consultation with the chair of the Ethics Committee is offered free of charge as a benefit of AK-PA membership!
A few photos from the AK-PA Annual Meeting have been posted, highlighting the different awards that were given by AK-PA in 2016. Head over to the AK-PA Awards section of the site to check them out.
We have also updated our Board of Directors page. Visit it today to learn more about the current members of AK-PA’s Board and the positions they hold. Elections for the Board will be taking place soon — to nominate yourself or someone else, visit our Elections page!
Finally, the pages describing the [AK-PA] and [AKPA-MH] listservs have been updated. If you utilize either of these valuable resources, please take a few moments to re-aquaint yourself with the guidelines for using the listservs, including the standardized format to be used when posting referrals (approved by the Board in 2016).
Comments or questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Welcome to the new and improved AK-PA website. Our former website, graciously managed by Dr. Peter Strisik, had many useful features, but had been become antiquated over the years. Our improved website is powered by the adaptable wordpress platform and was inspired by the state psychological associations of Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Wyoming . We hope that wordpress will enable this site to adapt and grow in the years to come. So please enjoy the new website and be patient in the beginning.
– Jaedon Avey (email@example.com)
New Capabilities and Additions:
- Electronic membership registration: No more faxing forms! Electronic registration and payment is more convenient for everyone. Click here to join or renew.
- Electronic event registration: Members and non-members can register for continuing education and training through our electronic event calendar.
- Automated payment with email confirmation: Thought you renewed your membership? Now you can renew automatically by credit card based on your profile preferences.
- Enhanced member referral directory: Completely revamped member referral directory. Graphics, customization. service mapping, and a portal to allow updating.
- Content Archives: Archives of newsletters and select digitized past training events are available (sorry to CEs on archived training events).
- Research recruitment list: Students can now have a platform for listing provider surveys.
- List of Award Recipients: See the contributions of colleagues going back several years.
- Streamlined presentation and navigation: A visually appealing look with improved search functioning.
- Relevant professional advertising: Vendors, suppliers, and consultants will have a better opportunity to advertise.
- Separate speaker referral directory is gone: Full members will need to add this information into their directory.