So… What’s in it for me??
Benefits of AK-PA membership include:
- Opportunity to be involved in how the field of psychology develops and is represented in Alaska.
- Monitoring of proposed legislation and Legislative lobbying to protect your interests as a Psychological Professional in Alaska.
- Discounts for AK-PA sponsored Continuing Education events in Alaska.
- Membership in the AK-PA listserv, which provides a forum to discuss cutting edge issues in the field of psychology, an opportunity to network with other AK-PA members, and a means to communicate with the AK-PA Board of Directors.
- Free listing in the Member Referral Directory of Licensed AK-PA clinical members with advertisement of your credentials, specialties, contact information, business logo, and website, if you have one. This also allows you to be highlighted right on our front page and on our Member Referral Map.
- Free ethics consultations.
- Opportunities for professional leadership within the psychology community.
And… It really is our professional responsibility to support and shape the profession, mentor newer professionals, contribute to professional cohesion, and contribute to psychological education. Membership in the Alaska Psychological Association is the best vehicle for all of these values.