Fall 2020 AK-PA Newsletter
Please enjoy this Newsletter brought to you by the Alaska Psychological Association
To date 2020 has been a year of many twists and turns, ups and downs! While the AK-PA Board has not been immured we have forged ahead and have been working behind the scenes to continue to fulfilled our mission and vision.
“Mission: To promote the advancement, communication and application of psychological science and knowledge to benefit society and improve lives.
“Vision: A strong, diverse, and unified psychology that enhances knowledge and improves the human condition.”
Here are a few of the things we have been behind the scenes working on:
- We are thrilled to welcome our new Executive Director, Marvo Reguindin and his team. Please see the formal introduction by clicking here
- We welcome our newly elected Board members:
– Bernice Nisbett MS – Secretary
– Hannah Ekstrom, PsyD – Returning Member at Large – Ethics Chair
– Seth Green, PhD – Member at Large
- We had a successful training, presented by our own Pamela Hays, Ph.D.
- We welcomed the CEO of the American Psychological Association for two days of learning about Alaska. See the story at this link.
In closing, we welcome you to join in our endeavor to contribute in a positive manner to the psychological health and welfare of the people in our state. If you have ideas, share them with us, join in one of our committees, identify an area we are missing-help us develop. Please come to the table and join in our committee to serve our community. As a volunteer board we have been busy and yet there’s is so many more opportunities. Accept this as a personal invitation to join us!
Jana Zeedyk, PhD – Thank you for your service as the Past President
Kara Stocker, PhD – Thank you for your service as Member at Large
Michael Reed, PsyD – Thank you for your service as Member at Large
K/J/ Worbey, MS, LPA – Thank you for your service as Secretary
Suzanne W. Strisik, PhD – Thank you for your services as the Ethics Chair
Chris Reynolds – Special thank you for keeping a pulse on community issues.