Include a minimum of three learning objectives for the CE event. Learning objectives should clearly define what the participant will know or be able to do as a result of having attended the event and be stated in measurable terms. Please refer to APA's Guidelines for Writing Behavioral Learning Objectives for guidance: http://www.apa.org/ed/sponsor/resources/index.aspx.
Assessing Participant Learning
16. How will you directly assess participant learning? Some possible options of assessing learning are:
- Informal discussions between instructor(s) and participants,
- questions and answer sessions at the end of a program or
- post-tests, etc. Note: Although post-tests are not required, if you choose to use them, they must include a minimum of 6-8 questions for each CE credit.
Outline of Curriculum Content
This outline should show: Syllabus/Time Outline:
- Timeline of workshop topics and activities that explains the educational content for each time block and identifies exactly what will be covered in the presentation and how much time will be spent on each item, including breaks.
- A description of instructional methods (e.g., lecture, demonstration, video/DVD, role play, small group discussion) specific to each time block or content area.
- If more than 1 presenter is involved, please indicate a primary presenter for each portion of the outline.
APA requires CE events be grounded in an evidence-based approach. Events that focus on application of psychological assessment or intervention methods must include content that is credibly supported by the most current scientific evidence.
Benefits to Intended Client Population
Please describe how participation in this educational offering will directly benefit the intended client population. For example, a workshop on anxiety disorders in children may help psychologists better understand how to more effectively diagnose and treat anxiety disorders in pediatric populations.
Accessibility of Event Information
Describe plan for evaluating and ensuring the accessibility of this course, including registration, learning assessment, materials, and facilities. This should include the manner in which promotional materials are supplied to psychologists with disabilities, and your organization’s process for making the facility and instructional methods accessible to psychologists with disabilities. If needed, contact AK-PA for technical assistance.